Thursday, December 6, 2018

How to Best Bond with your Pet

Hi everyone! CJ here; and I’ve got my good pal, Rex, with me and our dear friend, Whiskers, who surprised us with a visit! This is one cool cat – woof, woof – always making a grand entrance!

We’re all excited that winter is right around the corner, because this means we get to snuggle up closely with our parents under the covers! We love that we get to spend quality time together during the holidays!

Whiskers
: I’m so glad to be here, guys – meow – I’ve missed you both! How’ve you been? Now that the holidays are around the corner, are you getting excited to spend some quality time with your parents?

Rex:
Woof! I love bonding with my mom and dad! Woof, woof. They always give me belly rubs, and scratches on the head. I love it!

CJ:
I love to hear that, Rex! Spending one-on-one quality time together is essential to keeping our bond strong. Whiskers, what do you enjoy?

Whiskers
: I love sleeping and being independent. And, when I let my parents brush me, I can’t help but go “purrrrr.” It’s nice to treat yourself to some pampering every now and then!

Rex:
My mom knows all my likes and dislikes too! She takes me on long walks, and then we snuggle when we get back home – woof. When we go on walks, she focuses just on me; that way I’m able to exercise and get all of my energy out!

CJ:
It’s important for our parents to know which situations we’re comfortable with or uncomfortable in; so that’s great to hear, Rex – woof - it seems like your mom knows you very well!  Some of us love to cuddle, while others prefer their space – so this is important for our parents to understand.

Whiskers:
That’s right, CJ! I appreciate my parents because they know when I need my space, and let me come to them whenever I feel comfortable. Sometimes I just like to be alone – meow!

CJ:
That’s okay too, Whiskers! As long as you‘re not being forced into interactions, and you’re able to adapt to your environment on your own, I’d say you’re in good hands!

Whiskers:
Meow – and my parents feed me my favorite treats and know just where to pet me! They’re the best.

Rex:
Woof – are cat treats yummy?

Whiskers:
not for you, Rex – meow!

CJ:
Let’s just take Whiskers word on that one, Rex – woof! We’re lucky to have parents that treat us so great!!

If your parents ever have any questions about pet care, just have them call the professional doctors at
Bulverde Animal Hospital. They’ll explain to your parents everything they need to know to take care of your properly. Whiskers – it was great seeing you and we hope you surprise us with another visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment