Friday, January 4, 2019

Keeping your Pet Healthy

We hope everyone had a happy holiday and is looking forward to the New Year! It’s CJ here with my good old pal Rex and we wanted to take some time to discuss our new year’s resolutions. Rex and I decided we’re going to be healthier in 2019 and wanted to remind all pet parents that we need their help to accomplish our goals!

Rex: Woof, woof! That’s right! My mom takes me over to the experts at Bulverde Animal Hospital for routine wellness checkups to monitor my health. Dr. Kothmann is the best and he makes sure I’m at a healthy weight and am eating right.

CJ: That’s great, Rex. A balanced diet is fundamental in keeping us healthy. Like our human companions, diet has a direct effect on our skin, coat, weight, and energy level. It’s important for our parents to research the ingredients of dog food before they buy it, or learn how to make a homemade diet!

Rex: Woof – my mom and I also go on long walks and play ball at the dog park. It’s so much fun and it’s a good way for me to release my energy.

CJ: We need at least 1-2 hours of exercise per day, so exercise is a great way to release some of that energy! However, being outside a lot means we’re more susceptible to fleas and ticks, so it’s important for our parents to take the proper preventative steps, such as vaccinations, to ensure we don’t get sick!

Rex: Woof, woof – you’re right, CJ! I had a tick once and boy did that hurt! My parents took me to Dr. Kothmann and he created a prevention plan that was best for me.

CJ: It sounds like the professional veterinarians at Bulverde Animal Hospital know what they’re talking about! If your parents have any additional questions regarding pet health, just have them give Bulverde a call – woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment