Monday, October 29, 2018

Pet Safety - Halloween Edition

Halloween is right around the corner, and we cannot be more excited! It’s CJ here with my good pal Rex and we want to remind everyone to have a fun and safe Halloween. It’s important to be extra cautious of our surroundings and what we eat, especially for us dogs.

Rex:
Woof, woof! I love Halloween treats!

CJ:
Same here, Rex, but it’s important to know what we can eat and what we can’t. All forms of chocolate – especially dark chocolate – can be dangerous to our health, as well as artificial sweeteners and too much sugar.

Rex:
Woof – I didn’t know that, CJ. When I eat a lot of sugar it makes me hyper and I like to run around the house… and sometimes out of the house!

CJ:
Oh no, Rex! With trick-or-treaters around every corner, your mom will be constantly opening and closing the door; I know this can seem like a great opportunity to run outside and explore, but that can be dangerous – ruff, ruff!

Rex:
I understand, CJ – woof, woof. My mom likes to dress me in costumes for Halloween and I just want to show off my good looks! Woof, but sometimes it can be uncomfortable and I can’t move…

CJ:
If this happens, Rex, make sure your mom knows that it’s uncomfortable for you! Some tell-tale signs that you’re uncomfortable are whimpering, chewing the costume to try and get it off, or putting your tail in between your legs. Your mom will know what to do then!

Rex:
Thanks, CJ – if I ever get too uncomfortable then I’ll be sure to let my mom know, woof.

CJ:
That’s what I’m here for, Rex! And remember, if your mom or dad has any questions regarding pet safety during Halloween then just have them give Bulverde Animal Hospital a call or a visit. They’ll be able to answer any questions that your parents may have!

Rex:
Will do; woof!

CJ:
Okay, great – woof, woof. Just one question for you, Rex – tricks or treats?  

Rex:
Tricks and treats, CJ – I always get a treat when I do my “Roll Over” trick!

CJ:
Oh, Rex – woof, woof – I do ruff that one! Such a classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment