Wednesday, October 3, 2018

How to Ensure Your Pup is Getting Enough Exercise

Happy fall everyone! It’s CJ here with my good friend, Rex. We’re super excited because the holiday season is quickly approaching.  This month we want to discuss our health and the proper amount of exercise that is right for us during the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Just like our human companions, we need regular exercise to stay happy and healthy.

Rex:
Woof – I love going outside and playing fetch with my Mom!

CJ:
That’s great, Rex! Exercise is really important for controlling our weight, keeping us happy, and reducing any digestive issues. It also keeps us fit and healthy. 

Rex:
When I see my Mom pull out my leash, I get so excited, I can barely control myself! And I can tell she enjoys the walk too! We’re a good team when it comes to our walks; we always seem to keep the same pace and then guzzle water when we get back home – woof! – Mom doesn’t drink out of a bowl though because I’m special.

CJ:
That’s so fun! I always know my Dad is ready for a walk when he puts on my favorite sneakers of his – woof! I love that it strengthens the bond between us and leads to a stronger, more trusting relationship.

Rex:
That it does, CJ – it’s great! Woof!

CJ:
Yeah, it is – and another thing that’s great is Bulverde Animal Hospital; they always have helpful ideas for keeping us in shape! Woof, woof - what’s your favorite type of exercise?

Rex:
Woof, yeah! I love walking, hiking, Frisbee, ball throwing, and swimming!

CJ:
Those are all great forms of exercise! We need to take part in some form of daily physical activity, so that’s great you love exercising – woof – Exercise tones the muscles, helps our body and metabolic system to function properly, and engages the mind!

Rex:
Without exercise I get bored and end up chewing on shoes and furniture, or getting into the trash. Woof.

CJ:
I’d never chew my Dad’s sneakers! I do agree that boredom sets in though and I wonder what I can do to get out my energy.  Good thing we both have such fun parents to keep us active!

Rex:
You’re right, CJ – now I have to go bother my Mom to take me for a walk. All this talk of exercise is making me energized! Woof!

CJ:
Sounds good to me, Rex. Woof, woof - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment