Thursday, November 9, 2017

CJ and Rex Talk about Dog Flu

Hi y’all! CJ here, and I’ve got my good pal, Rex, with me! This month we’re here with some serious business. Have you ever heard of dog flu? If not, don’t worry, Rex and I didn’t know about it either. Did we, Rex? 

Rex: Woof woof, no! I just found out about it from my sick buddy, woof woof. He had dog flu something awful, but luckily Dr. Kothmann made him all better.

CJ: Oh Rex, that’s such a relief. I heard if it’s taken care of properly it’s not terribly dangerous, but if not, it can cause pneumonia. 

Rex: Woof woof yeah, it’s no fun. I’ve also heard it’s real catchy. I’m scared to go anywhere… woof woof.

CJ: Well, Rex the good news is Bulverde Animal Hospital is requiring all dogs who board there be vaccinated for dog flu. That will really help prevent the spread of the flu. You should have your mom and dad take you down to Bulverde for your vaccine. It’s just two shots. 

Rex: Ouch! I don’t like shots, they hurt.

CJ: It’s okay, Rex. The vaccination lasts an entire year AND it means you won’t get dog flu. I think you’d much rather get a little pinch than a full blown sickness. 

Rex: You’ve got that right, CJ. Woof woof! Where do I sign up?

CJ: Have your parents bring you to Bulverde Animal Hospital, they will take good care of you. Stay healthy! P.S. See the fine print below from Bulverde Animal Hospital!

“As of November 1, 2017 we will require all boarding dogs to be vaccinated for the canine flu. The initial vaccination requires two doses, given 2 to 4 weeks apart. When making boarding reservations, please make plans on doing the initial flu vaccine 2 weeks prior to your boarding reservation. This way we are able to do the final vaccination when you drop off for boarding. Thereafter, an annual booster is recommended for continued protection. It is important for your pet to have an exam prior to each vaccine. If we have given your pet, their annual vaccinations during the past year, we are going to wave the exam fee to help with the cost of this new protocol. We will be giving this complementary exam until January 1, 2018. The cost of this vaccine is $33.77 per dose.”




No comments:

Post a Comment