Tuesday, May 24, 2016

CJ and Rex Talk about Spring Pet Allergies

Happy Spring, y’all! I am so excited for the warm weather and the upcoming summer! It’s me, your old pal CJ, and I have my bud, Rex, here with me today, per usual!

I just love spring – flowers, warm weather, longer days. It’s great isn’t it, Rex? “Achooo! Noooo, I don’t like spring. My allergies are something awful. Woof woof!” Oh Rex, I’m sorry to hear that – I guess you do look a mess. I mean you’re sneezing and your eyes are watering.” Gee, thanks CJ – woof woof.” Sorry Rex, I’m just stating the obvious. What’s going? What are you allergic to? “The list could go on and on… woof woof. The worst is the grass and plants… achooo!”

Well, that doesn’t sound like fun. “Nope, it’s not!” My brother, a golden retriever, has it worse though, he’s allergic to plants, grass AND fleas… woof woof. I’m hungry.” Rex, let’s stay on track, we will get a snack later. What are you two doing to get better? “Our mom took us to Bulverde Animal Hospital this morning. Dr. Kothmann gave her some great tips on how to make us better, fast!” What did he suggest? “Oh, a laundry list of things…

1. Run air filters in the house.
2. Don’t leave us in damp basements or garages – mold and dust can affect us!
3. Keep us inside while mowing the lawn.
4. Use a HEPA-filtered vacuum.
5. Wash our bedding with hot water and perfume free detergent.
6. The doctor also prescribed Bravecto to get rid of my brother’s fleas – it always does the trick!

My mom is at home washing our bedding now and vacuuming up a storm! I think it’s going to help a lot.” Great, I’m glad to hear it! You’re in good hands with Dr. Kothmann at Bulverde Animal Hospital.

Resource: 1800petmeds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment